We are running our Autumn Series on Sundays from 24 May through to 14 June. Please register your intention to sail or to help out so we can all keep safe.
Date & Location
31 May 2020, 12:00 pm
Worser Bay Boating Club, Karaka Bay Road, Seatoun, Wellington 6022, New Zealand
About the Event
We are running the Autumn series with two back to back races with the first race beginning at 12.00 noon. The Autumn series will run for four weeks on Sundays through to 14 June.
How will it work under Covid-19?
We will refine things as we go and as restrictions allow, but for now the following applies:
- You must register that you intend to race or help out. You only need to register once for the whole series.
- Contact tracing. We will have the list of those who have registered available in the ground floor entrance lobby at the club. Please come to the lobby on arrival and get your name ticked off as being in attendance.
- This is very important so please make sure it is the first thing you do when you arrive. For sailors, it also doubles as your 'sign on' for racing. Volunteers, observers, and family members must all check-in.
- If you have already registered from last week, you do not need to register again. If you are not sailing or volunteering this week but registered last week you do not have to cancel off the registration list.
- We will open the clubroom. Keep good social distance. For after sailing refreshments, people must sit at tables which will be well spaced apart. There can only be one person at the bar at a time. To manage this, each table will elect a 'table waiter' to place and take your orders from the bar. Also, no dancing. Sorry about that.
- A reminder that the start time is 12.00 pm for two back to back races.
- Optimist, P class, and Starling sailors please rig on the beach to ensure we can spread distance between boats.
- Only three people at a time in the changing rooms. Please adhere to this and wait for your turn, or change in the car park.
- Good hygiene practice and social distancing at all times