top of page
We are running our Autumn Series on Sundays from 24 May through to 14 June. Please register your intention to sail or to help out so we can all keep safe.
Registration is Closed as we have reached our 100 person limit. You will be put on the waiting list.Go back to WBBC website
Date & Location
24 May 2020, 12:00 pm
Worser Bay Boating Club, Karaka Bay Road, Seatoun, Wellington 6022, New Zealand
About the Event
We are running the Autumn series with two back to back races with the first race beginning at 12.00 noon. The Autumn series will run for four weeks on Sundays through to 14 June.
How will it work under Covid-19?
We will refine things as we go and as restrictions allow, but to start with the following applies:
- We will be restricted to 100 competitors and helpers. So that we do not end up exceeding the limit you must register that you intend to race or help out.
- Contact tracing. We will have the list of those who have registered available in the ground floor entrance lobby at the club. Please come to the lobby on arrival and get your name ticked off as being in attendance. .
- The clubrooms will only be open for start box volunteers, the Race Officer and Assistant Race Officer, Commodore, Vice Commodore and Rear Commodore. Race information will be displayed on a whiteboard outside.
- The changing rooms will be open but there can only be two people at any one time in the changing rooms. We encourage you to change in the car park and leave the changing rooms free for those who travel some distance to come sailing.
- There will be no drinks or food served the first week. The philosophy here is that the nation is on a learning curve when it comes to food and drinks so let's leave it to the professionals in the industry to find out what works and what doesn't. We will monitor this week to week.
- We will supply hand sanitizers.
- Please use either gloves or a towel when moving other boats or touching doors and handles and wipe down surfaces after you have touched them.
- Rescue boats will need to be wiped down at the end of the day and help with this will be needed.
- Opti sailors please rig on the beach to ensure we can spread distance between boats.
- Keep a one-metre distance at all times.
bottom of page