'Start Sailing' as an adult
We can help you to start sailing as an adult. It is easy and a lot of fun.
Date & Location
1.00pm on Saturdays (Sept-May)
Worser Bay Boating Club, Marine Parade, Seatoun, Wellington 6022, New Zealand
About the Event
We love welcoming adults into our club and sharing our passion for sailing. If you are keen to learn how to sail, or just exploring the possibility, please register your interest using the form at the end of this introduction and we will contact you and invite you to a session where you will learn more about the club and the start sailing courses we offer.
We will meet in the clubrooms where you will:
- Get an overview of how we go about teaching you to sail
- Be given a tour of the facilities and boat sheds, including having a look at the six club Sunbursts we use for learn to sail
- Meet some of our Yachting New Zealand qualified sailing coaches who will run your course
- Meet other people who are also wanting to learn to sail
- Because Saturday is club racing day (from September to May), you will also get a good feel for the club and hopefully pick up on the buzz. You are welcome to stay for as long as you like and watch the rigging up of boats and racing from the decks or clubrooms. We pride ourselves on being a welcoming club and you are also invited to stay and join in post-racing drinks and chit chat.