Spring Optimist Clinic 2020
The premier 3-day coaching clinic for Optimist Sailors in the the lead up to the 2020 Toyota Optimist Nationals
Date & Location
24 Oct 2020, 8:00 am – 26 Oct 2020, 4:00 pm
Worser Bay Boating Club, Marine Parade, Seatoun, Wellington 6022, New Zealand
About the Event
Labour Weekend Optimist Clinic
- Learn from some top New Zealand and experienced local coaches.
- Kick off this season as your best yet and take your sailing to the next level.
- Get ready for the 2020 Toyota Optimist Nationals
- The main aim of the clinic is to improve the skills of all participants during three days of intensive training and activities.
- Sailors must be able to independently rig, launch, and retrieve their own fiberglass Opti and have some race experience at Open or Green Fleet level.
- The venue is the Worser Bay Boating Club.
- The cost is $140 per sailor.
- Upon acceptance, you will be sent more information and a programme for the clinic.
Accommodation and Meals
All out of town sailors will need to find their own accomodation. Lunches will be provided each day however please supply your own drink bottle and snacks.
Boats and Gear
As well as your own Optimist and beach trolley, we suggest bringing an extensive supply of spare parts; just the same as you would if you were attending a large regatta. Full sailing gear, including hats & buoyancy aids, along with ample warm clothing and suitable footwear will also need to be supplied by you.
As sailors will spend many hours afloat, consideration must be given to protective clothing for arms and legs (as well as faces). We suggest long thermals or rash suits. Please bring plenty of sunblock.
Speedy Saturday: Focus on Speed and boat handling. Looking into techniques to keep fast through the short sharp chop in the bay.
Sunday Regatta day: A day of racing complete with a video debrief breaking down the key tactical points of big fleet racing and a look into racing in the local conditions.The racing may be spiced up with spectator friendly finishes close to shore and even a stadium medal race to finish the day.
Monday fun day: Finishing off the clinic with some fun skills, tricks and adventure racing.
The clinic organisers do not accept any liability for loss or damage (material or personal) suffered during or arising at the clinic. It is the individual’s responsibility, if so desired, to ensure they have adequate insurance cover for boats, equipment and personal effects.
All sailors attending MUST be financial members of NZIODA
Optimist Spring Clinic 2020
Please fill in one entry form for each sailor attending. For example, if you are a family with two sailors participating in the clinic, then each sailor will need to complete a separate entry form. Thank you.$140.00