Spring Optimist Clinic, 2019
The premier 3-day coaching clinic for Optimist Sailors in the Lower North Island this summer.
Date & Location
26 Oct 2019, 9:00 am – 28 Oct 2019, 12:15 pm
Worser Bay Boating Club, Marine Parade, Seatoun, Wellington 6022, New Zealand
About the Event
Labour Weekend Optimist Clinic
- Learn from some top New Zealand and experienced local coaches.
- Kick off this season as your best yet and take your sailing to the next level.
- The main aim of the clinic is to improve the skills of all participants during three days of intensive training and activities.
- Sailors must be able to independently rig, launch, and retrieve their own fiberglass Opti and have some race experience at Open or Green Fleet level.
- The venue is the Worser Bay Boating Club.
- This year out of town sailors will need to be billeted with local families. Our clubrooms are currently being rebuilt. The changing rooms and storage will still be available.
- The cost is $140 per sailor.
- Close off date for entry is: 7 pm Fri, 25 Oct 2019, or when clinic is full.
- Upon acceptance, you will be sent more information and a programme for the clinic.
Accommodation and Meals
All out of town sailors will be billeted with local families. Friends and club members should be able to be accommodated with the same family. Lunches will be provided each day however please supply your own drink bottle and snacks.
Boats and Gear
As well as your own Optimist and beach trolley, we suggest bringing an extensive supply of spare parts; just the same as you would if you were attending a large regatta. Full sailing gear, including hats & buoyancy aids, along with ample warm clothing and suitable footwear will also need to be supplied by you.
As sailors will spend many hours afloat, consideration must be given to protective clothing for arms and legs (as well as faces). We suggest long thermals or rash suits. Please bring plenty of sunblock.
Upon approval of your application and providing the full fee has been paid, a copy of the programme will be forwarded to you as confirmation of your acceptance to the clinic.
The clinic begins at 9am on Sat 26 Oct 2019 and concludes at 12.00 noon on Mon 28 Oct 2019, (Labour Weekend).
Participants will not be allowed to leave the coaching clinic for any period during the three days, except with prior approval.
The clinic organisers do not accept any liability for loss or damage (material or personal) suffered during or arising at the clinic. It is the individual’s responsibility, if so desired, to ensure they have adequate insurance cover for boats, equipment and personal effects.
All sailors attending MUST be financial members of NZIODA
- Ticket type
Optimist Spring Clinic 2019
Please fill in one entry form for each sailor attending. For example, if you are a family with two sailors participating in the clinic, then each sailor will need to complete a separate entry form. Thank you.Price$140.00