Might pay to add 3 to 5 kts to the wind measurements to get a feel for what is happening 500m or so offshore, especially if it is already a brisk northerly.
Here are some other sources of close to real time and forecast information:
- Royal Point Nic Point Jerningham Weather Station (Adobe Flash compatible device required which means Apple devices will toss their toys out the cot)
- MetService Wellington City
- MetService Wellington Recreational Marine Forecast
- Windfinder Forecast for Seatoun
- WindGURU Forecast for Wellington
The weather at Worser Bay can be described in many ways but words like brisk and bracing capture the nature of the breeze. The bay is beautifully placed to capture the prevailing north-north-westerly and the occasional stunning southerly. It is a rare day when the wind has died away to the extent that the non-yachties call it a glorious day. From the relative calm of the bay to the wits-about-you busy main harbour channel the conditions are such to please sailors of all abilities.